Saturday, March 17, 2012

30 before 30 update



2. skydive (eeeeeeekk!) [doing]
doing!
a birthday gift from some of my darling friends in perth.
when i got the card from charlene, i didn't know whether to laugh or cry!
I'm quite excited either way.
so stay posted for this one...



5. run 10km [done]
somehow this was preferable to completing than say making pizza dough (no. 14).
we had a public holiday the other week and I just got up after dinner and decided to do it.
it's not easy.
i'm talking running 10km.
no walking, no breaks, no leisurely jog.
i did it in 62 minutes.
and not going to lie, i'm pretty proud of myself!



12. have a whole month of no shopping [done]
quite easily done when you're not earning money for a while.
so i made it more like 12 weeks without buying any shoes, clothes, etc.
a good lesson in deciding what you want as opposed to need in life.



16. spend a whole weekend at home [done]
some people might think this is strange, but in a life where you're so busy with work and social activities, it's great to have a real break from everything – including "fun".
another one i'd seriously recommend trying.



17. knit a scarf [so, so close to being finished]
and because of this i'm going to slightly cheat and say done.
i only have to cast-off and that requires some concentration and possibly a youtube video to learn.



18. go to body balance, yoga or pilates consistently [done]
i did.
and it's amazing what it does for your peace of mind, posture and strength.
my favourite is yoga i think.
the class i do at my gym is pretty intense.
i am more sore the next day after a yoga class than a 10km run…


i'll indulge you all (or myself) in a proper round up soon.
i have had some amazing feedback about this list and want to share my thoughts behind it all.


3 comments:

elise.kate.design said...

no. 12 is the best!

lamb and blonde said...

Wow! You are an inspiration. I could not skydive, no way. You're so brave! I can manage the staying at home all weekend thing, though--which is so relaxing.

Milady said...

Melanie here! I enjoyed this piece, please email me--I have a question about your blog. MelanieLBowen[at]gmail[dot]com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...